Saturday, June 9, 2012

When I Need A Laugh

When I Need A Laugh

To be honest I've just gotten home from nearly 10 hours at work and am just too tired and ornery to come up with a clever anecdote to share today.  That said, I don't want to break the streak I'm on of posting every day, so I thought I'd share a little, poorly kept secret with you.

When I'm in a bad mood or just in a place where I really need something to cheer me up or to make me laugh, I watch old clips of shows like Whose Line Is It Anyway on YouTube.  Not just any episodes though... the one episode that is absolutely GUARANTEED to make me laugh?  The US season 5 episode 17 of Whose Line Is It Anyway with Richard Simmons as a special guest.  I challenge you to watch it and not laugh.  The cast were laughing so hard that they broke character.  Host Drew Carey was in tears and nearly fell out of his chair.  I've never seen or heard the audience laugh so hard, nor seen so many audience members in tears of mirth.  Greg Proust is laughing and gloating at his great fortune while poor Wayne Brady winds up in the fetal position by the end of the episode.  Why such a strong reaction you may ask?  Because it was damn funny, that's why.  If you don't believe me, check it out for yourself.  I defy you to watch the Living Scenery scene and not laugh.

 The entire episode is funny:

Whose Line Is It Anyway (US) S5 E17

If you want to skip to the funniest part, Living Scenery, here you go:
Living Scenery

You laughed, didn't you?!  I told you so!

2 comments:

  1. Tears streaming down my face from laughter - thank you! You made my day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CJ? That was my reaction the first time I watched it too!

    ReplyDelete