Monday, June 18, 2012

It's Curtains For You

This weekend I dog-sat for my mom while she went on an adventure with her garden club.  It was while I was staying at her house that I remembered one of the things that she does that drives me nuts.  Whenever mom tidies the house in anticipation of company, she likes to close the shower curtain to hide any clutter that might be found in the tub area.  She's done this for as long as I can remember.  I hate it!  I actually go and open the curtain slightly any time I see this.

I saw Hitchcock's Psycho at a rather young age - possibly too young.   I don't remember the specifics, but I think I may have snuck in when my dad was watching it late one night.  In addition to this, over the years there have been numerous scenes in movies and television shows where someone has been hiding behind a shower curtain waiting to do something nefarious.  Every time I go past a closed shower curtain, I feel the need to make sure that there isn't anyone hiding there waiting to attack me.  I know it's irrational, but I can't help it.

So that you can share in my fear:
The Original Shower Scene From Psycho 1960
The Loony Toons Shower Scene Spoof

No comments:

Post a Comment