Friday, June 29, 2012

Walk Off The Earth

We've entered Lantern Season, and the end of the school year which means my "free time" seems to have vanished and been replaced by more chaotic work shifts and working on lanterns.  The month leading up to the Vancouver Folk Music Festival is always hectic and chaotic for me, though I'll admit that nothing quite compares to last year.

Because of this frenzied time, I have gotten behind in e-mails, blog posts, facebook messages and just about every other kind of communication I'm supposed to have responded to.  My most humble apologies if you are among the people who are wondering if I'm ignoring you (I'm not!) I  just need more hours in the day and days in the week!

Despite this, I have spent a smidgen of my time perusing YouTube (usually to wind down my frenzied brain before bed) and was reminded of why I like Walk Off The Earth so much.  They're funny, creative and talented.  Most of you are probably familiar with their cover of Goyte's "Somebody That I Used To Know"  where all five of the band members play the same guitar:

But my favorite so far has got to be their cover of "Little Boxes" the song by Malvina Reynolds that Pete Seeger made famous.  I think this video is rather brilliant!

Hey, look at that!  I connected Folk Fest with Walk Off The Earth via Pete Seeger - aren't I clever?  Hello? Anyone?  Oh, never mind.

So, while I'm busy pulling out my hair trying to build this years lantern, enjoy a little of the genius that is Walk Off The Earth by clicking the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment