Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Flat Stanley

Flat Stanley


My nephew is in 2nd grade this year. His class read a series of books by Jeff Brown about an adventurous boy named Flat Stanley. You can read all about Flat Stanley on the website: www.flatstanley.com where you no doubt will learn much more about him than I could tell you. N's class made their own Flat Stanley dolls and were told to take them on adventures with them during spring break. While the kids went away for a few days, I was left with temporary custody of Flat Stanley, with the suggestion that I take a few pictures of his stay with me.

I decided to have a little fun with this project, setting up several scenes where Flat Stanley could enjoy a multitude of adventures during our visit.

First we walked home through the forest.

When we got to my house, he noticed 
that I still hadn't taken down my Christmas wreath.

Flat Stanley helped me make a nice hot cuppa tea.

He did a little bit of reading. 
Played with some LEGO


Watched a robot battle


















Had a shocking encounter with a ball of light.








He then met a kindly fairy who tried to teach him a little magic.










Eventually Flat Stanley went on a brave quest 
to slay the dragon who lives in my living room.





 Before he left, Flat Stanley helped me make a pie for Pi Day.

All in all, it was quite an adventurous few days at my place!


No comments:

Post a Comment